Re: https

2011-08-26 05:25:05

Bert, Tom,

I don't see this as being a matter of encrypting, but rather providing
verifiable information the community.  What's more, in as much as the
IETF is a trusted site by many, it's probably a good idea to have at
least some confidence that when you click on a link, you're not going to
get hacked.  Finally, the IETF designed this system, and if we don't
like the fragility, perhaps we should fix it.  There's a saying about
eating one's own dogfood.  After all, if we won't eat ours, why should
anyone else?

By the way, Tom, you're not quite right.  Mail sent out from the IETF
list (including this one and the one you sent to the list) is signed by
the IETF with DKIM.  Again, eating our own dogfood.

Eliot