Re: Discuss criteria for documents that advance on the standards track

2011-08-31 10:08:31
On Aug 31, 2011, at 10:42 AM, John C Klensin wrote:

We ought to, IMO, be permitting
publication of PS documents at the second level as long as there
are no _obvious_ ambiguities that cannot be figured out (the
same way) by people of good will acting in good faith and with
help from WG lists and as long as there are no other "known
[technical] defects".

That would be fine with me if we could somehow effectively discourage
deployment of proposed standards in products.  But that's a lost cause, IMO.

Keith