Re: Other proposals (Was: :Re: Conclusion of the last call on draft-housley-two-maturity-levels)

2011-09-03 05:47:16
Hi Jari,
At 15:05 02-09-2011, Jari Arkko wrote:
But what I really wanted to say here was a response to your concern about those proposals to do something else. Let me just state this clearly. I know I would be VERY happy to sponsor many different kinds of improvement proposals. In sequence or in parallel with the current proposal. I'm already sponsoring another one (though it is destined to an IESG statement and somewhat related to this one, but it could have been something else too). I think I'm speaking also for the rest of the IESG in this. Please make the proposals.

I sent you a message off-list.

If I had to reach a conclusion, I'd say: it's one of this situations where you can be as fair as it gets but you cannot please everybody. You have put in more that enough effort into this.

Regards,
-sm