Who raised the bar? [Conclusion of the last call on draft-housley-two-maturity-levels]

2011-09-06 17:01:30
On 2011-09-07 09:35, Ted Hardie wrote:
My personal opinion for some time has been that we ought to recognize that
the previous PS moved into "WG draft" years ago and that anything named an
RFC should be recognized as something that market will consider a standard.

And who raised the bar? It wasn't the IESG, it was the market, and more
specifically the product managers and IT managers who adopted RFC conformance
as their criterion.

I'm a bit fed up with the IESG being blamed for this, rather than being
congratulated on adapting to it.

    Brian