Re: Who raised the bar? [Conclusion of the last call on draft-housley-two-maturity-levels]

2011-09-06 17:13:48
On Tue Sep  6 23:01:12 2011, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
On 2011-09-07 09:35, Ted Hardie wrote:
> My personal opinion for some time has been that we ought to recognize that > the previous PS moved into "WG draft" years ago and that anything named an > RFC should be recognized as something that market will consider a standard.

And who raised the bar?

I couldn't give a damn. I'm far more concerned with who's lowering it.

To rephrase - where the bar is is significant, not how it got there. Moving it further up would not have real harm on the end result - although it does incur us more pain in meeting the bar - but lowering it does have problematic knock-on effects.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net