Re: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-03.txt>(IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Transition Space) toInformational RFC

2011-09-22 15:29:08
Jari,

I found your review comments to be very thoughtful and helpful. I understand the concerns you are raising, and I agree that your proposed way forward is reasonable.

I did have one question:

So here's what I would like to propose. The document goes forward but we make a much clearer statement with regards to the implications both for applications out there, as well as for subsequent IETF work:

- what types of impacts may be felt by the rest of the network (not the ISP that is deploying NAT444)
- what kinds of application practices may be affected
- what IETF specifications may need revision due to this (e.g., do we need to revise ICE etc)

Who was the "we" you were thinking of, making this statement?

(I think I'm asking, would this statement be part of this draft, or something else?)

Thanks,

Spencer