R: [mpls] R: FW: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

2011-10-05 13:08:41
Dear Stewart,
Many thanks for your answer that anyway I do not believe addresses the root
concern I have on the proposed draft.

I would avoid  bringing technical discussions into this thread because it is a
declared intent of the draft in the object to NOT touch such aspects. I'm
therefore going to answer you on a different thread.
Best regards,
Alessandro

Telecom Italia
Alessandro D'Alessandro
Transport Innovation
Via Reiss Romoli, 274 - 10148 Torino
phone:  +39 011 228 5887
mobile: +39 335 766 9607
fax: +39 06 418 639 07

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Stewart Bryant [mailto:stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
Inviato: mercoledì 5 ottobre 2011 12:24
A: D'Alessandro Alessandro Gerardo
Cc: adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk; mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Oggetto: Re: [mpls] R: FW: Last Call:
<draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a
Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

On 05/10/2011 10:38, D'Alessandro Alessandro Gerardo wrote:
major unresolved technical concerns

Alessandro

Please can I suggest that you write an internet draft detailing these "major
unresolved technical concerns" so that we can all understand them.

Such a draft needs to be technical, and describe the actions that the network
operator is unable to perform, or the fault cases that they are unable to
diagnose using the OAM defined in the IETF RFCs, or late stage WG drafts.

Alternatively if you are referring to a bug in the MPLS-TP OAM protocols, you
need to tell the community what it is.

I believe that this request has been made  a number of times, in various
forums, and, as far as I know, no document has yet been produced.

An argument of the form "you must standardize what I want"
will not fly. What is needed is a very clear technical definition of the
issue(s).

When we have the "major unresolved technical concerns"
on the table, we will be in a position to determine the best disposition of
those issues.

Stewart

--
For corporate legal information go to:

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone
indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla
conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate
ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne
immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione,
Grazie.

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged
information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying,
printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender
by return e-mail, Thanks.