RE: [mpls] 答复: 回复: R: FW: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

2011-10-06 12:32:03
Jian,

See in-line.

-----Original Message-----
From: mpls-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:mpls-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
yang(_dot_)jian90(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:54 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
mpls-bounces@ietf.orgLarry
Subject: [mpls] 答复: 回复: R: FW: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-
oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution
for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

Dear All,

I do not support either.

In section 3.5:
If two MPLS OAM protocols were to be deployed we would have to consider
three possible scenarios:
1) Isolation of the network into two incompatible and unconnected
islands.

Two OAM solutions have been discussed for a long time in both ITU-T and
IETF.
Repeating more times does not make the argument becoming correct.
It wasted a lot of people a lot of time.

Each solution has their own supporters inculding carriers and vendors.
So I don't think there is any interworking issue between two OAM
solutions.

Carrier will select one OAM solution, A or B, in their network.
No need to select A and B at one network at the same time.

Don't think anyone said they intended to keep each of their networks/islands
stay forever isolated.
Two solutions bring in additional inter-op complications is a fact.

Respect their own selection and listen to their requirements, please.

Fully respect individual provider's choice of technology, that is a separate
matter from standards.
We are talking about IETF requirements here. Which requirement stated in the
RFCs are not satisfied by the singe OAM solution defined in IETF?

Best regards,

Jian

Thanks,
Luyuan

             Larry
             <larryli888@ya
             hoo.com.cn>
收件人
             发件人:                "adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk"
             mpls-bounces@i         <adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>,
"mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org"
             etf.org                <mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
"ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org"
                                    <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, D'Alessandro
                                    Alessandro Gerardo
             2011-10-05
<alessandro.dalessandro@telecomitalia.
             19:51                  it>

抄送

主题
                                    [mpls] 回复:  R: FW: Last Call:
                                    <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-
considerat
                                    ions-01.txt> (The Reasons for
                                    Selecting a Single Solution for
                                    MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

Dear all,

     So many multiple solution cases just show the way that the world
and
technology works. Killing a solution roughly brings more damage to the
industry.

     Section 3.6 discusses the elements of the choice of solutions.
Current
application and deployment should be considered. In China Mobile, more
than
330,000 PTN box are/will based on G.8113.1.

     TDM PW gives a good example. G.8113.1 based OAM is relative simple
and
mature and widely deployed and should be the standard.

Best regards,

         Han Li

--- 11年10月5日,周三, D'Alessandro Alessandro Gerardo
<alessandro(_dot_)dalessandro(_at_)telecomitalia(_dot_)it> 写道:

发件人: D'Alessandro Alessandro Gerardo
<alessandro(_dot_)dalessandro(_at_)telecomitalia(_dot_)it>
主题: [mpls] R: FW: Last Call:
<draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for
Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC
收件人: "adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk"
<adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>, "mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org"
<mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, "ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org"
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
日期: 2011年10月5日,周三,下午5:38
Dear all,
I do not support.

Basically I think it is superfluous dedicate an RFC to
state it is better having one standard instead of two ones
or many... for sure the lower are the variants the better is
for the industry (one is the ideal).

When two or more standards or de-facto standards exist it
is because the problem they solve is not exactly the same,
the way they solve the problem is optimized for different
environments/boundary conditions (more efficient, more
effective, etc). Therefore a single solution does not
necessarily meet the different market requirements.

It is fundamental to enter into the problem's details
before making consideration about the best way to proceed
(one solution, two solutions, multiple solutions) whilst the
document clearly declares it does not want to make any
technical evaluations.

After more than three years of debates within the IETF and
major unresolved technical concerns risen from some
transport operators, the existence of this draft is by
itself the sure sign that MPLS-TP OAM is a case where a
single solution has not be found to meet all the different
market requirements. Otherwise, why are we still discussing
about it....?

Therefore we must be realistic and the lessons learned from
the past should guide our decisions: if a solution cannot be
found for satisfying all the requirements it is better to
have two standards and let the market decide how to exploit
them. Are  we really sure the cost(many) / benefit
(none) analysis done in section 7.5 is realistic?

Best regards,
Alessandro

Telecom Italia
Alessandro D'Alessandro