Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-12

2011-10-19 11:39:40
I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-12
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <miguel(_dot_)a(_dot_)garcia(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com>
Review Date: 2011-10-18
IETF LC End Date: 2011-10-20
IESG Telechat date: 2011-10-20

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:

- Section 3.4 reads:

   Section 2.1.1 of [RFC5322] limits lines to 998 characters and
   recommends that the lines be restricted to only 78 characters.  This
   specification changes the former limit to 988 octets.
          bbb                                ^^^

I wonder if there is an error in the third line and the text should say "... limit to 998 octets" rather than "988". Otherwise, I can't explain the 988 figure.

Idnits has a number of complaints:

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist :

  -- The draft header indicates that this document obsoletes RFC5335,
but the abstract doesn't seem to mention this, which it should.

  -- The draft header indicates that this document updates RFC2045, but
the abstract doesn't seem to mention this, which it should.

-- The draft header indicates that this document updates RFC5322, but the abstract doesn't seem to mention this, which it should.

  Checking references for intended status: Proposed Standard

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational draft:
     draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis (ref. 'I-D.ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis')

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 5598

Other than that, the document looks good.

/Miguel

--
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608