Re: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-port-08.txt> (A Reliable TransportMechanism for PIM) to Experimental RFC

2011-10-24 12:53:20
On 9/27/2011 5:25 PM, Joe Touch wrote:
Hi, all,

The IANA considerations in this doc are in error and need updating as
follows. I agree that "PORT" is a poor acronym choice, FWIW.

Thanks Joe/Tom. I'm changing this per your suggestions.

Stig

Joe

11. IANA Considerations

This specification makes use of a TCP port number and a SCTP port
number for the use of PIM-Over-Reliable-Transport that has been
allocated by IANA. It also makes use of IANA PIM Hello Options
allocations that should be made permanent.

The current IANA allocation is called "pim-port", not
"PIM-Over-Reliable-Transport". The long name (description) is "PIM over
Reliable-Transport", but that's not the authoritative name of the
service - also, IANA does "assignments" (as per RFC 6335); this section
should read as follows.

This specification makes use of a TCP port number and a SCTP port
number for the use of pim-port service that has been
assigned by IANA. It also makes use of IANA PIM Hello Options
assignments that should be made permanent.

11.1. PORT Port Number

IANA has assigned a port number that is used as a destination port
for PORT TCP and SCTP transports. The assigned number is 8471.
References to this document should be added to the Service Name and
Transport Protocol Port Number Registry.

This should read:

IANA has already assigned a port number that is used as
a destination port
for pim-port TCP and SCTP transports. The assigned number is 8471.
References to this document should be added to the Service Name and
Transport Protocol Port Number Registry for pim-port.
----