Re: From Pandoc To RFC

2011-10-31 09:06:36
It is mostly straightforward to obtain markdown format from an existing RFC or
similar formatted text, and I have used this to manually compile input from
various sources into one I-D.

Doing this in a fully automatic way would probably need some more heuristics,
e.g., for cross-reference management.  We already have some of these heuristics
in the programs we use to display RFCs in web pages.

Exercise left to the reader ;-)

Grüße, Carsten

On Oct 31, 2011, at 14:18, Michael Richardson wrote:

"Olaf" == Olaf Kolkman <olaf(_at_)NLnetLabs(_dot_)nl> writes:
   Olaf> My friend Miek Gieben just demonstrated the use of Pandoc that
   Olaf> in combination with Make and XSLT scripting to can produce
   Olaf> internet-drafts in XML format from plain text input.

   Olaf> The plain text only needs a few formatting conventions, more
   Olaf> or less like wiki markup.

Could it turn existing RFCs into XML as well?

--
]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |  firewalls
[