Re: IETF 82 Audio Streaming

2011-11-02 14:59:17

"Hadriel" == Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan(_at_)acmepacket(_dot_)com> writes:
    Hadriel> That's basically what's going on here.  Meetecho supports
    Hadriel> multimedia access to IETF sessions using your own SIP/RTSP
    Hadriel> client.  But they also want to let users use their browser
    Hadriel> for the session, if the user doesn't have a SIP/RTSP
    Hadriel> client.  Since browsers don't support WebRTC yet (because
    Hadriel> WebRTC is still being standardized), nor do many browsers
    Hadriel> even support HTML-5 yet, Meetecho has to use an
    Hadriel> applet/plugin model.

This email thread is the first I've heard that I can use meetecho using
clients other than theirs.  I don't recall seeing that on your site back
in July, but maybe I missed it.

    Hadriel> community, and unlike Cisco the cost is not a rounding
    Hadriel> error on their coffee budget. (not that I don't appreciate
    Hadriel> Cisco providing WebEx - I do)

I don't appreciate cisco providing webex for free, because it doesn't
work for many, and multiple meeting chairs ignore complaints about this
problem.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.