Re: IETF 82 Audio Streaming

2011-11-02 18:08:48
Randy Bush wrote:

For general remote participation including meetecho support see:

meetecho seems to require me to let a java applet have its way with my
machine.  fat frelling chance.  does the ietf really want to recommend
such a practice?

Folks who upload slides to the datatracker for the IETF Meeting
in PowerPoint format are worse than the metecho Java applet.  A Java applet
will work with most Linux LiveCDs within a throw-away virtual machine.

PowerPoint slides regularly require a real Microsoft Windows with a
PowerPoint viewer, and while the PowerPoint viewer might be free,
the underlying Microsoft Windows is not free.
I would really prefer when folks would be using one of those free PDF
printer drivers (e.g. doPDF) to convert their slides to PDF, so that
the consumer of this has more options available (preconfigured ones
and license-free ones).

-Martin