Re: Fwd: Re: IETF 82 Audio Streaming

2011-11-01 14:08:00
On 11/01/2011 10:59 AM, Joel jaeggli wrote:
webex and the meetecho experiment (I realize that's being recursive) and
if you're being pedantic the http audio stream.

I don't think that the http audio stream qualifies, since we're
able to use the audio client of our own choosing.  I haven't used
either webex or meetecho because webex turns on your video camera
and doesn't have an option to turn it off (I understand that this
is fixed in the most recent release) and meetecho because I don't
know who those guys are and I'm not really interested in downloading
and running software from an unknown source, particularly when
there are more open options available.  You'll note that we don't
require people to use a particular client to use the Jabber rooms,
either.  While meetecho may or may not be using standard protocols
(they say they are), they require their own client.  That's kind
of weird for a body whose reason for existing revolves largely
around interoperability.

Melinda