Re: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-11.txt> (DKIM Authorized Third-Party Signers) to Experimental RFC

2011-11-30 15:36:13
Hi Barry,
At 13:03 30-11-2011, Barry Leiba wrote:
It does not.  There's no reason that anyone implementing ADSP need pay
attention to this.  *IF* you implement this, it might change your
behaviour with respect to ADSP, but information about that is
contained here.  There's no reason for this to "update" 5617 in the
IETF sense.

Ok.

I did call this out in my shepherd review (see the PROTO writeup:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps/history/
and click "show all" on the PROTO writeup entry; side point: it should
probably be easier to get to the PROTO writeup for a document).

I missed that.

I actually think it's clever to put the information here in this
manner, but, as I say in the writeup, it is unusual.  I prefer that we
leave it here, and just make sure that the intelligent folks at IANA
do the intelligent thing.  This can then serve as a template for the
IANA Considerations section for a possible revision that moves ATPS to
Standards Track, should that happen.

Agreed.

I support publication of the draft as Experimental.

Regards,
-sm