RE: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-11.txt> (DKIM Authorized Third-Party Signers) to Experimental RFC

2011-11-30 16:21:30
Hi, SM.  Thanks for your comments.

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of SM
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:35 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-11.txt> (DKIM Authorized
Third-Party Signers) to Experimental RFC

In Section 3:

   "An Author participates in this protocol if it wishes to announce that
    a message from it (in the RFC5322.From sense) should be considered
    authentic as long as it bears a signature from any in a set of
    specified domains."

It's the domain and not the author which participates in this protocol.
As a nit, the RFC 5598 term looks more like Originator instead of
Author.

The term is more based on how DKIM and ADSP use it.  But you're right in that
Author Domain is the more correct term rather than Author.  I'll change that
for -12.

The Abstract section uses the term "authorization" whereas "authentic"
is used in the above text.  Shouldn't that be "considered as
authorized"?

Yes, I think that's more correct as well.

-MSK