RE: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-11.txt> (DKIM Authorized Third-Party Signers) to Experimental RFC

2011-12-01 01:38:04
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave CROCKER [mailto:dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:16 PM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-11.txt> (DKIM Authorized
Third-Party Signers) to Experimental RFC

I'd be fine with that, so long as experimental-status drafts are
allowed to make IANA registrations.  (I thought they weren't, which is
why it is the way it is right now.)

depends on the criteria for the registry.

So it does, and the registry for DKIM signature tags is "IETF Consensus", which
doesn't require standards track documents to update.  So I guess the
registrations could indeed be made here.  Neat.

It's a short walk from the current wording to actually requesting the IANA
action.  I'll check with my shepherd and sponsoring AD for advice prior to the
end of LC.

Thanks,
-MSK