RE: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-12-01 22:13:22
Ted, your response does not address what I said at all. Not one bit. Let's
assume that *every* enterprise used every last address of 172.16/12 (and, for
that matter ever bit of 1918 space). That's irrelevant and still does not
address my question. The question is whether these addresses are used BY
EQUIPMENT THAT CAN'T NAT TO IDENTICAL ADDRESSES ON THE EXTERIOR INTERFACE. I am
happy to accept an answer of, "Yes, all 1918 address space is used by such
equipment", but nobody, including you, has actually said that.

I suspect that is because it is impossible to know for sure.

                                                                 Ron