Re: "class E" (was: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request)

2011-12-05 13:54:55
Bob,

On Dec 5, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Bob Hinden wrote:
So a CGN deployment is a new deployment and the ISPs choosing to do this
could make sure that their customers CPE can support class E addresses,
upgrade the CPE firmware,

I think the ISPs are saying that there is a non-trivial base of deployed
non-upgradable CPE out there now.

or send them new CPE.

This assumes either (a) the ISP is responsible for the CPE and/or (b) the ISP
is willing to pay for this.  I'm guessing these assumptions aren't valid.

Regards,
-drc