Re: Last Call: <draft-nottingham-http-new-status-03.txt> (Additional HTTP Status Codes) to Proposed Standard

2011-12-16 10:58:08
Hi all,
just a couple of doubts about this draft

1) In Section 3 (about code 428 Precondition Required) it is said that
using this status code SHOULD explain how to resubmit the request
successfully." The example shown in Section 3 shows an error message
embedded in an HTML document.  What make me a bit uneasy is that a
precondition was required, but not inserted, usually it is not a fault of
the user, but of the client software. I am not sure that any explanation
associated with the error could be useful to the user...

2) Are really section 7.1 and 7.2 security related or would it better to
merge them with Section 3 and 4? Just a doubt...

Riccardo