RE: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-14.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Address Space) to BCP

2012-01-31 11:40:35
    > From: "George, Wes" <wesley(_dot_)george(_at_)twcable(_dot_)com>

    > I've been recommending this direction (that this is basically just more
    > private space, no magic)

Is that wise? I thought (IIRC, and maybe I'm spacing) the whole reason for
allocating this space was that 1918 space _couldn't_ easily be used for CGN
because there were too many conflicting usages. So, now we're making more 1918
space? This is a good idea... how? If we need more 1918 space, let's do so
deliberately, and not kill the usefulness of this space for CGN. (Unless, of
course...)

        Noel