Re: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-14.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Address Space) to BCP

2012-02-14 14:50:01
In that I completely agree with what Randy is saying, the point
that needs to be made is that this should not be officially
sanctioned as RFC-1918 space --  no manufacturer or programmer
should treat this netblock the same.

If some fly-by-night company chooses to use it on their own,
well, then they have chosen to operate outside the bounds of
the best-principles - exactly the same as in Randy's example.

and the packets will be very ashamed, right?

we can say all the crap we want, but it will be used as 1918 space and,
like 1918 space, bgp announcesments of it will leak.  get over it.

randy