Re: IETF Last Calls and Godwin-like rules

2012-02-17 11:59:29
    > From: Pete Resnick <presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>

    > We do need to make sure that the folks evaluating consensus know
    > that "voting doesn't count" and that their decisions are made by
    > consensus on the technical issues, not the number of people speaking.

Yes, but how do you tell where the consensus is if 97% of the people in the
'room' haven't expressed an opinion? The 'me too' posts do serve a purpose in
giving a larger sample size (provided, of course, that they are from long-time
IETF partipants).

        Noel