Re: IETF Last Calls and Godwin-like rules

2012-02-17 13:53:24
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 01:14:18PM -0600, Pete Resnick wrote:
The 'me too' posts do serve a purpose in

Not to me. I don't see what they add.

It seems to me that the PROTO write up has a question that suggests
they add something.  It asks whether the WG is solidly behind
something, or whether there are actually just two or three people
interested and everybody else not paying attention.

I think that is an important question to answer, because the answer to
an important question that is just (for some reason) getting ignored
by a large number of IETF participants probably shouldn't be regarded
as IETF consensus in any sense.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com