Re: [lisp] WG Review: Recharter of Locator/ID Separation Protocol (lisp)

2012-02-23 06:48:37
Damian, others,

On 2/23/12 11:15 AM, Damien Saucez wrote:
Hello Eliot,

May I ask you why you say that LISP+ALT relies on caching?

LISP+ALT is just a BGP based overlay, where is the caching
there (is the BGP RIB that you consider as a cache?).

An investigation I ran looked at the possibility of doing a "push"
versus "pull" of the mappings.  It's not where the main LISP group went,
but it is possible.  To be fair there is still caching of state, but the
performance profile.  See draft-lear-lisp-nerd.

    Eliot