Re: Issues with "prefer IPv6" [Re: Variable length internet addresses in TCP/IP: history]

2012-02-23 19:06:27
ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

This definition of "ready" is operationally meaningless in many cases.

The meaningful question is whether we have to modify code or not.

If we have to, a host is not ready. And, if it is not an
implementation problem, protocols must be fixed.

If we don't have to, it's an operational issue.

                                                Masataka Ohta