On 2012-02-25 18:44, Stephen Farrell wrote:
I don't think fixing or changing the framework will give us better
auth schemes by itself. (Better auth schemes may or may not require
changes to the framework, I dunno.)

So I think you're raising a side issue here really.

Well, I'm one of the editors of the authentication framework spec, so if there's something wrong with it, I'd like to know.

So if we collectively think that the framework probably is ok, and that we *do* need a new authentication scheme, what's stopping us to start that activity *right now*?

Best regards, Julian