Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt> (Deprecating Use of the "X-" Prefix in Application Protocols) to Best Current Practice

2012-03-06 22:11:30

On 07/03/2012, at 1:52 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

To me, the target of that language is software that generically treats
protocol elements beginning with "x-" in a fundamentally different
way, without knowledge of its semantics. That is broken, causes real
harm, and I have seen it deployed.

clue bat please?  is there any general semantic to X-?

I think one of the main points of the draft is to answer that question with
"no."

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/