Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt> (DeprecatingUse of the "X-" Prefix in Application Protocols) to BestCurrent Practice

2012-03-07 04:08:41
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul E. Jones" <paulej(_at_)packetizer(_dot_)com>
To: "'Mark Nottingham'" <mnot(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net>
Cc: "'Randall Gellens'" <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 7:19 AM
Subject: RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt> (DeprecatingUse of the
"X-" Prefix in Application Protocols) to BestCurrent Practice

I suppose one could argue that X- should never be on the Public Internet,
anyway.  But they are.

Yup, your e-mail reached me with 14 different lines starting X- in the header,
none of which were added by my ISP.  Whether their presence makes any difference
to what I see and I get, I have no idea.

I suspect that like DNS TXT records, they are with use for eternity.

Tom Petch
<snip>