Re: IPv6 networking: Bad news for small biz

2012-04-05 07:52:28
On 5 Apr 2012, at 12:20, Masataka Ohta wrote:
However, as 8B long addresses cloud have cost 8*B bytes and
that 6B long addresses with 4B IPv4 addresses and 2B port
numbers, which is the address space provided by NAT, is more
than enough, there is no point to have IPv6 ID/LOC separation
nor IPv6, especially because NAT can be end to end transparent.

How do you propose to make end-to-end crypto of packets possible where NATs are
involved?  I'm assuming you think everything can be solved with signalling,
yes?  I ask because NPT could be the end of it if we all agreed to use the
right kind of signalling.

Cheers,
Sabahattin