Re: [nvo3] WG Review: Network Virtualization Overlays (nvo3) - 23-Apr-2012 update

2012-04-23 12:08:16
Hi Stewart.

Charter generally looks good to me. On the milestones, however:

Milestones:

Dec 2012 Problem Statement submitted for IESG review
Dec 2012 Framework document submitted for IESG review
Dec 2012 Data plane requirements submitted for IESG review
Dec 2012 Operational Requirements submitted for IESG review
Mar 2012 Control plane requirements submitted for IESG review
Mar 2012 Gap Analysis submitted for IESG review
Apr 2012 Recharter or close Working Group

You presumably mean 2013 for the last 3.

That said, I really hope the WG can get all of its documents to the
IESG by December. That gives the WG 7-8 months and 2 IETF
meetings. Not an easy task, but if it takes the WG a full year before
it gets to doing anything beyond requirements, etc., that does not
paint a very encouraging picture.  I recall during the BOF someone
(Jon Hudson?) stating that industry is already well ahead of the IETF
in this space...

Thomas