RE: [MBONED] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format-01.txt> (IPv4-Embedded IPv6 Multicast Address Format) to Proposed Standard

2012-04-25 13:24:31
Hi Med,
At 08:05 25-04-2012, mohamed(_dot_)boucadair(_at_)orange(_dot_)com wrote:
Med: Do you mean, cite RFC4291 in addition to the ref to Appendix A.2?

Yes, and have Appendix A.2 as informative.

Med: Yes, because as listed in Appendix A.2, we wanted to have an a prefix in the ff3x::/32 range.

You are using a "must".  It might be interpreted differently.

Med: We first considered a "MUST" but we relaxed that required to "SHOULD" for any future use case which may need to map IPv4 ASM to IPv6 SSM. Does this makes sense to you?

Yes.

Med: It should be "for IANA allocation" instead of "to IANA". Better?

There is no mention of that in the IANA Considerations section. The range is already reserved for SSM destination addresses. I am at a lost on that part of the text. I'll defer to you on this.

Well, you tried your best.

Regards,
-sm