Re: Is the IETF aging?

2012-05-06 02:08:21
On 2012-05-05 04:48, Yoav Nir wrote:
an obvious idea would be to change the requirements for a new work item from
"rough consensus" to "a bunch of people willing to do the work and at least
one willing to implement".  Some working groups already work like this, but
it's not universal.

There's nothing to stop a group of people developing a specification
as an I-D and prototyping it. They don't need a WG or a BOF or a
sponsoring AD.

The barrier for spending collective resources (WG time, AD time, RFC
Editor time, IANA time) on it should be real, IMHO.