Re: Is the IETF aging?

2012-05-02 15:07:51
Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

When people suggest new work to the IETF they often see a strange
reaction. I remember when Mozilla came to the IETF and proposed to
work on the privacy topic "Do Not Track". I couldn't find support
for doing the work in the IETF. I don't exactly know why people
didn't like it but the W3C immediately picked it up and had seen
lots of new companies (mostly from the advertising industry)
joining the W3C.

What exactly to you mean by "came to the IETF and proposed to work
on the privacy topic"?

What is the I-D that you submitted and how many volunteers were there
to do the work?  And who opposed that you do the work within the
IETF?

What usually does not work in the IETF is that you "drop off" an idea
and "pick up" a standard some time later...

-Martin