Proposed Update to Note Well

2012-06-21 17:10:34
The IESG has heard many complaints that the Note Well is too complex.  After
some discussion with counsel, we propose the following updated Note Well for
your comment and review.  The below summary would be followed with a pointer to
or text of more details, which will depend upon whether it's a meeting slide,
on the web site, on the registration page, or on a mailing-list greeting.

On behalf of the IESG,
  Russ Housley
  IETF Chair

NOTE WELL

In summary:

   By participating with the IETF, you agree to follow IETF processes.

   If you write, say, or discuss anything in the IETF, formally or informally,
   (all of which we call "a contribution") that you know is covered by a patent
   or patent application you or your employer own, one of you must disclose
   that.

   You understand that meetings might be recorded and broadcast.

This would be followed with a pointer to or text of more details,