Re: Proposed Update to Note Well

2012-06-21 20:18:36
I like the idea of a brief summary that can be shown on one readable
slide at the beginning of each session, read aloud by a meeting chair,
etc. Wordsmithing below.

On 6/21/12 4:10 PM, IETF Chair wrote:

   If you write, say, or discuss anything in the IETF, formally or informally,
   (all of which we call "a contribution") that you know is covered by a
patent
   or patent application you or your employer own, one of you must disclose
   that.

With all due respect, that sentence could be improved. I suggest:

   Anything that you write, say, or discuss in the IETF, formally or
informally,
   at an IETF meeting or in another IETF venue such as a mailing list,
is an
   IETF contribution. If you believe that a contribution of yours is
covered by
   a patent or a patent application made by you or your employer, you must
   disclose it.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre