Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-07

2012-07-17 13:57:45
On 7/3/12 7:51 AM, Eggert, Lars wrote:
On Jul 3, 2012, at 14:24, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
I found it is to be odd to have a requirements document as a BCP, but I am sure
you can sort the right status out with IESG.
+1

I fail to see why Informational wouldn't be the better status.

Lars

Publicly reposting what I just put in my IESG ballot, just in case you all want to disagree with me publicly. :-)

Perhaps I'm just being contrarian today, but I *do* think this document should be BCP and not Informational. It is not a requirements document in the sense that it is laying out requirements for future protocol documents being developed by a WG; it is a consensus document listing the requirements for the operation and administration of a type of device. If that doesn't fall within the 2nd paragraph of RFC 2026 section 5, I don't know what does.

pr

Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102