Re: So, where to repeat? (was: Re: management granularity)

2012-08-07 00:01:11
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM, John R Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>
wrote:

The thing is that I don't need a flight to DFW to YVR for this coming week
and I don't see the prices you do either.  I did not buy my tickets at the
last minute and believe it or not, I'm actually not lying about what I
paid
for my tickets to YVR nor to Beijing.   I made a very simple statement of
fact based on my own experiences.  I can't fathom why you felt obligated
spend time trying to show that I was lying.

Sigh.  If you'll review my previous messages, you'll note that I never
said you were lying.  Is there some reason that it's important to put words
in people's mouths?

But since non-stop tickets from Dallas to Vancouver are easily available
for prices far below any plausible price for a ticket to China via aa.com
and the usual travel agents, something peculiar was evidently going on
when you bought yours.

[MB] I paid around $962.10 for my ticket to Beijing when we had the IETF
there in Nov 2010.   So, no, there was nothing peculiar except that a
direct flight from DFW to YVR was over $2000 when I was making
reservations.  My indirect flight was $1156.23.   Certainly, if you look
for flights to YVR in a couple weeks, the prices less.  That's because kids
are back in school.  [/MB]

[MB] No - you did not use the noun "liar" or the verb "lying", but when you
tell someone that what they are saying can't possibly be true, that has the
same implication. [/MB]

R's,
John