Re: Some thoughts about draft-leiba-3777upd-eligibility-02.txt

2012-08-21 16:36:20
At 12:34 21-08-2012, Barry Leiba wrote:
I do, and I actually had the same problem with it when I wrote it as
you do.  So help me, please: How *should* this be put?  I don't like,
"and those employed in the RFC Editor function," and I really can't
think of a concise, clean, accurate way to write it down, though we
all (today) know what it means.  Text, please, someone.

RFC 4844 (see Section 3.1) uses the term "RFC Editor". RFC 6635 mentions "RFC Editor function". I suggest going with the RFC 4844 argument about simplicity and using "RFC Editor". I cannot think of an accurate way to write that paragraph.

I'm inclined to pull it out (having not checked that with SM yet,
though).  Does anyone (including SM) think it definitely needs to be
in here?

I don't have a strong opinion about the erratum.  Pull it out.