Re: much farther away than IETF 92 in Dallas!

2012-08-22 15:12:30
For example once I know the criteria I could check around in Poland to
see if there is any place which would satisfy the future IETF venue.

  http://www.ietf.org/meeting/hosting-an-ietf.html

That's about how to be a meeting host, and it's mostly about terminal
rooms and social events.

Is there a list anywhere of minimum requirements without which it's
not even worth looking at a venue?  I'd expect that if a place doesn't
have (as some examples) a meeting room big enough for a plenary, a set
of sufficently large meeting rooms for sessions, a place for a
terminal room, a place to have coffee and snacks, and the ability to
provision Internet access in meeting rooms and guest rooms, forget it.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",

PS: Meter-deep water running in the streets is presumably optional.