Re: IETF 92 in Dallas!

2012-08-21 19:53:08

On Aug 21, 2012, at 8:04 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

"Randy" == Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> writes:
   Randy> sorry, but enough is enough.

I still do not understand visiting a tourist destination (Orlando)
during it's peak (March).   I also don't understand two meetings in a
row on the US east coast.

The first, Atlanta, IETF 85, was slipped to 2012 to accommodate an opportunity
to go to Asia (Beijing) in Nov 2010, and the second is Orlando, IETF 86, in
March 2013 to close on an opportunity to do a back-to-back meeting with IEEE
802.  Orlando was booked first then the stars aligned for Beijing and we
couldn't pass it up.  The Hilton Atlanta contract permitted a postponement of
two years without penalty, so we took advantage of the provision.

Ray
IAD

--
Michael Richardson