Re: IETF 92 in Dallas!

2012-08-17 15:35:08

--On Friday, August 17, 2012 21:20 +0200 Robert Raszuk
<robert(_at_)raszuk(_dot_)net> wrote:

Besides hotel is least worry as we do know the IETF rates for
the last few years and it is quite easy to check with any
hotel if they are willing to meet those targets or not.

Actually, we don't (although one can deduce a lot of it from the
IAOC budget and other materials).  What we know is the room
rates in the conference hotels.  We don't know the meeting room
charges (including charges for rooms used by the IESG, IAB,
IAOC, Nomcom, etc., etc.), the catering rates and rules
(including rules about outside food), any charges associated
with Internet service, various facility charges not included in
any of the above, any accommodation arrangements that presumably
lower costs to the IETF such as free or upgraded rooms, and so
on for what I assume is a fairly long list.  Depending on the
hotel and negotiations, some of those are "free" (i.e., bundled
into the room rates for those staying in the hotel), others are
not.

And those of us who have been disturbed by the patterns of room
rates in the primary hotel would probably be very unhappy if
some average or ceiling on those rates were treated as an
acceptable target.

   john