Re: [EAI] Last Call: <draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-07.txt> (Post-delivery Message Downgrading for Internationalized Email Messages) to Proposed Standard

2012-09-09 14:07:27
The IESG has received a request from the Email Address
Internationalization WG (eai) to consider the following document:
- 'Post-delivery Message Downgrading for Internationalized Email
Messages'
  <draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

Rats; I missed this in earlier review:

-- Section 3.2.1 --

   This procedure may generate empty <group> elements in "From:",
   "Sender:" and "Reply-To:" header fields.
   [I-D.leiba-5322upd-from-group] updates [RFC5322] to allow (empty)
   <group> elements in "From:", "Sender:" and "Reply-To:" header fields.

It does not.  It adds group syntax to "From" only.  Group syntax is
already allowed in "Reply-To", and the draft does not change the rules
for "Sender".

If this spec also needs "Sender" to change, I can update the
5322upd-from-group for that, but it's not there now.

I think the answer to that is yes, this needs to be allowed for "Sender".

                                Ned