Re: [EAI] Last Call: <draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-07.txt> (Post-delivery Message Downgrading for Internationalized Email Messages) to Proposed Standard

2012-09-10 10:56:55
I'm happier,

Made comments in another thread on why I believe it opens a security hole
wider rather than trying to close it.

I guess I could leave with it, when this downgrade is only done from a
SMTPUTF8 compatible MTA to an ASCII MTA.

I mean a SMTPUTF8 MTA MUST reject such downgrade.

Let's not try to legitimize an attack vector (Friendly from having nothing
to do with the author of the email).