Re: Failing to convince an IETF WG (was: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site)

2012-09-25 13:20:29
Hi Abdussalam,
At 10:19 25-09-2012, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
I ment to say that if independent stream cannot submit a standard track document, then do we have a procedure for the WG to accept or not consider? The last call that you refered to was a WG not independent.

There is no such thing as an Independent Stream submitting a Standards Track document. An author can submit an I-D through the IETF Stream if the author would like the I-D to be published on the Standards Track. A WG can adopt such an I-D.

Regards,
-sm

P.S. I read your message [1] again. The first part seems to be about "the reason why some individuals fail to convince an IETF WG". The last part seem to be about "a procedure to make participants follow to convince WG and a procedure that WGs follow to accept with reason". There was then an "AB" and three hyphens on the next line. It is followed by "but is this Why not? I thought any I-D can be standard track,". It was difficult for me to understand [2] the message.

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg75097.html
2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg60902.html