Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-27 13:26:25
On 9/25/2012 9:03 AM, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:

Hi Dave,

>Independent Stream authors well might not be "part of" the IETF -- always a strange line of thinking, given that the IETF doesn't have members -- but that doesn't mean that the Stream itself is outside the IETF. Any I-D author MUST be part of IETF otherwise what is IETF then, how do we define it? I think we should not make simple facts complicated. The most important part of IETF is the participant that does volunteer his work effort and time for the IETF. However I assume you agree with me because you mentioned "might".
AB
No sir - the IETF is a GSO meaning it must be transparent. Otherwise it is a simple fraternal organization and it should not be allowed to stand as a GSO because of its refusal to be open and transparent.

As to the need for an open standards process as an alternative method... everything you cite above is the reason that is so necessary.

Todd Glassey

No virus found in this message.