Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group-06

2012-10-17 14:27:59

--On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:00 -0700
ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

A single sentence summarizing what benefit is achieved with
the change, along with a couple of usage examples, would go a
long way towards showing how this update helps in practical
ways.

I could live with a single sentence, but I strongly object to
the inclusion
of examples, for the reasons I gave in my original response.

Would a possible middle ground be to include a single
well-crafted sentence with an informative citation of
draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade?  That document does contain
examples and an explanation of that particular use case.

I'd prefer to avoid that entirely for the same reasons Ned
cites, but it would, IMO, be good to get on with this rather
than quibbling for days or weeks.

    john