Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group-06

2012-10-17 19:56:27
Channeling my inner Maslow, I see the present text as best, an additional
sentence or two as next best, a sentence and a cite to the downgrade doc
choice.

The problem I have with the current text is that it says 'what' motivated
the change, but not how it is useful for the intended class of uses.  The
reader is left entirely to guess.

So, is it better to put in a sentence about representing non-ASCII
text in the group name without including a replyable address?

Or is it better to remove the notation about the EAI use case, and
just say that it's stupid to have the restriction, so we're removing
it?

If the alternative is to dig into EAI in any depth at all, the latter is far
preferable.

                                Ned