Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive(_at_)w3(_dot_)org from September 2012)

2012-10-23 01:27:18
On 2012-10-23 02:05, Ian Hickson wrote:
I suspect it will break nothing, but I guess we'll find out.

I don't really understand how it _could_ break anything, so long as the
processing of IRI and URIs as defined by IETF is the same in the WHATWG
spec, except where software already differs with the IETF specs.

Define "software". *All* software? How do you test that?

Do you have a concrete example I could study?

Do you?

This brings me back to something I've been asking for many times: a *concrete* list of things that are "broken" in RFC 3986 (as opposed to be "undefined").

Best regards, Julian