Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive(_at_)w3(_dot_)org from September 2012)

2012-10-23 11:19:02

On 23/10/2012, at 10:16 AM, Ian Hickson <ian(_at_)hixie(_dot_)ch> wrote:

I can't speak for Anne, but having experienced the IETF via the hybi work,
my own opinion is that the main reason I wouldn't work with the IETF is
that the community these days values consensus over technical value and
running code, and the culture in the IETF doesn't value the kind of
specification style that IMHO leads to better interop. For example, this
very thraed -- we're having to argue to convince people that defining
error handling is even a valuable thing to do.

Wait - who's making that argument? References, please.

I have no interest in
attempting to get anything done in an environment where that's the level
at which the conversation starts.

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/